Keeping up with the latest trend in the SEO industry can be taxing to both marketing professional and freelance enthusiasts especially if they don’t know where to get started. Below are five (5) ways to resolve this challenge:
- Subscribe to feeds and alerts. You can start by subscribing to the top SEO blogs’ RSS: Google official blog, SEOMoz, SEOBook, SearchEngineLand, and SearchEngineJournal to name a few. Visit Inbound.org – a community-managed website that collates high-quality, most-talked-about internet marketing articles around the web. Setup Google Alerts to monitor what’s happening out there.
- Follow SEO Gurus and personalities. Add the following to your Google+ circles: Matt Cutts (head of Google’s webspam team), Rand Fishkin (CEO and founder of SEOMoz) and Danny Sullivan (Editor of SearchEngineLand). Find them on Twitter: Aaron Wall (Founder/CEO of SEOBook), Barry Schwartz (CEO of RustyBrick and Founder of SearchEngineRoundTable) and Bill Slawski (SEO blogger at SEOByTheSea).
- Be active on SEO discussion sites. Become a member of WarriorForum, Webmasterworld, or DigitalPoint. Join SEO groups in Facebook and LinkedIn. Not only will you be updated with what’s hot and what-knots but you get to meet different people from various SEO company in the Philippines and around the globe.
- Attend SEO seminars online. You don’t need to enlist yourself to SEO training in the Philippines or even abroad just to be aware of the latest trend. You can do that even in the comfort of your own office or home. Some seminar-giving bodies upload the event highlights on video sharing sites like on their Youtube/Metacafe channels. Watch or download them. More often than not, the presentation and documents used can also be found on Slideshare and Scribd. Be sure to check these out as well.
- Do not forget Pinterest. As graphic marketing continues to make its way to the top of the list, knowing which SEO-related infographic went viral is an effective way to gain SEO knowledge.