Despite the many changes that the Google Panda and Penguin has brought about to how websites are optimized, no one can deny the fact that SEO is continues to be a popularity game. How that popularity is measured is what changes. Hence, links to your website and mentions of your website remains to be important.
While bad SEO practices are being discouraged and are actually targeted by numerous Google updates, guest posting remains to be a good way for your website to earn some SEO brownie points. While some website owners partner with an SEO company to do this for them for some supposedly guaranteed SEO results, there are some who are more hands-on when it comes to promoting their websites.
If you belong to the more hands-on website owners, it pays to know the best places online where you can try to guest post. Below are some of these sites. Be warned though, that it can be quite difficult to get featured in many of the sites listed below.
- Mashable. A site where you can find articles or posts about almost anything, Mashable is a great site to get noticed while providing an excellent PageRank of 8. Sharing of posts through various social media networks is very easy with Mashable so that you can easily promote your guest post too.
- SmashingMagazine. For websites that are in the design, graphics, and coding niches, SmashingMagazine is where you should try to guest post. Not only will you be able to reach a large audience, this site will also provide an excellent SEO juice with its PageRank of 7.
- Technorati. With a very wide variety of topics such as lifestyle, sports, business, entertainment, technology, social media, and politics, Technorati is the “It” site to be featured in no matter what topic or niche your site may be in. Its PageRank of 8 is not the single reason why you would want to guest post here because its very high traffic is another one.
- CopyBlogger. With a PageRank of 6, CopyBlogger is definitely a good place to guest post on. Its focus is on content marketing, email marketing, copywriting, and internet marketing, so if your site is related to any of these topics, CopyBlogger is a good site to aspire for.
- ReadWriteWeb. If your website’s focus is in technology, then ReadWrite’s PageRank of 7 is an excellent reason to guest post on this website. It is also quite easy to share your post with the many social network buttons available on each post, allowing you to promote your post to your own social media network.